Tuesday 28 June 2022

Kia Ora, Welcome to Kakano 8

 Welcome to Kakano 8 


Kia ora, 


Welcome to Kakano 8!  My name is Mrs Melissa Elvidge.  I am delighted to be your child’s teacher and look forward to sharing the rest of 2022 together. I am married to Craig and we have two children Gabi a Year 11 at Western Heights Highschool and William a Year 9 at Rotorua Boys Highschool.  I have taught in the junior school at Otonga School for the last 9 years and Wellington before that.  I am a passionate teacher who loves coming to work knowing each day will have a new celebration, a new challenge and be full of fun and joy. 


With Christ as our centre, we are the St Mary’s Crew.  In Kakano 8 our school values will be woven through all that we do.

  • Be Courageous: Be brave to learn new things, share our ideas and keep trying, showing manawanui even when something is challenging.

  • Be Respectful: be caring and kind, showing manaakitanga for our world

  • Show Excellence: Be the best we can be, 

  • Show Wonder: Be curious and creative about everything around us

  • Be Joyful: Be thankful and excited about the things I love


Please come and see me if you have any questions about your child.  Remember a problem shared is a problem halved.  I look forward to meeting you all.


Melissa Elvidge  (Mrs Elvidge) 

Email: melissae@stmarysrotorua.school.nz


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog. Your message will be moderated by a teacher then published.